Welcome to Tuesday’s dish. Do you and your family love microwave popcorn the way my family does? Granted, I would love to have movie theatre popcorn in my house everyday but, even with a home popcorn popper, it isn’t as healthy as I would like it to be. So we purchase light microwave popcorn but that gets expensive.
Thanks to savingslifestyle.com for this money saving, healthy alternative – make your own microwave popcorn.
- Large Jar Popcorn Kernels (one jar will make 15-20 bags)
- Brown Paper Lunch Bags
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Place about 1/4 cup kernels into brown bag and fold top over about 3 times.
- Microwave for 1 minutes 45 seconds to 2 minutes 30 seconds (depending on microwave).
- Unfold the top of the bag and drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over popcorn.
- Sprinkle with sea salt to your liking.
- Refold bag and shake for about 30 seconds.
- Open bag and enjoy 🙂
Note: You could add some Parmesan cheese or garlic to your popcorn for another savory taste!