Today I’m sharing a favorite snack. The whole family loves when we make these. They are easy, no-bake, and can even be frozen if you want to make a large batch. This is a favorite to take to share with friends and our co-op as well. I originally got the recipe from Natural Mommie, what a great recipe.
– 1 cup of oatmeal (we use Quaker rolled oats)
– 1/2 cup peanut butter (we use natural peanut butter)
– 1/3 cup cocoa powder
– 3/4 cup of pecans (get your children to smash and crush them with a rolling pin!)
– 1/3 cup of honey (or blue agave – whatever you have on hand, we use agave)
– 2 teaspoons of vanilla
– handful or two of chocolate chips (optional, well, not in my house J)
Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl, then let chill in fridge for approximately 30 minutes. Lightly coat your hands with olive oil or cooking spray then start rolling mixture into little balls. Store them in the fridge in an airtight container, separating each layer with parchment paper. Makes about 25-30 small granola snacks.
Other options: You can add ½ cup shredded coconut. You may also want to add flax seed, sesame seeds, ground flax, almond butter, or any kind of nuts like almonds or walnuts.
You can also matte down the mixture into a 9X11 pan, refrigerate and then cut into bars if you prefer.
Check out a previous post about these great bars!