Welcome to Tuesday’s Dish. This is a new recipe for our family. I love that it can be thrown together even when I forget to plan the night before. You can use frozen chicken breasts, which is a plus for me. Thanks to Barb’s Writing and Recipes again for this great recipe!
- 3 pound frozen skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large chopped onion
- 28 ounce bottle barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s or any will work)
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing (Kraft Fat Free Italian or any Italian works)
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Small whole wheat buns (we use the flat buns for less carbs)
Place frozen chicken breasts into crock pot. Chop onion and sprinkle over chicken. In a mixing bowl combine the rest of ingredients and pour over the chicken and onions. Cover and set temperature on low for about 6-8 hours or 4-5 hours on high. (You can cook it overnight on low if you want.)
When it’s finished cooking, use two forks to pull the meat into small bits. (Recipe makes about 20-30 sandwiches.)
This recipe adds no salt since BBQ sauce (and others) have salt in them) It’s great served with potato salad and coleslaw. Enjoy!