This week I am sharing something new we tried — Banana Pancakes. My daughter just LOVES pancakes and my son, the picky eater, will actually eat pancakes and bananas so we thought we’d try this combo. It was a hit!!!
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 c. milk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (we use our frozen banana stash)
- Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas in a separate bowl.
- Mix flour mixture into banana mixture. (It will be a little lumpy.)
- Heat slightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Put batter onto the griddle, (about 1/4 c. per pancake). Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with syrup or just margarine. Try blueberry syrup or strawberry syrup for added fruity taste, or light strawberry or blueberry jam.