My daughter has decided it’s fun to make personal pizza with English muffins so she decided that this week she wanted to make breakfast pizza with English muffins. This is a fun way to get your kids cooking breakfast for you.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 red pepper, roasted and diced (can use can of roasted red peppers if in a pinch)
- 4 toasted whole-wheat English muffins
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 turkey sausage links, sliced into 1/2 thick slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs with fork.
- Add milk, salt and pepper and mix until blended.
- Add butter to heated saute pan.
- Once all the butter has melted add the eggs.
- Using a rubber spatula continuously stir the eggs as they cook.
- Add chopped peppers just before the eggs start to set.
- Cook until fluffy and creamy in consistency.
- Place the English muffins onto baking pan.
- Spread a tablespoon of the tomato sauce onto each toasted English muffin.
- Evenly distribute the scrambled eggs over the English muffins.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar.
- Make a smiley face on each pizza using the sliced sausage as eyes and a nose and red pepper strip as a smile.
- Bake in oven for about 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.