Our children are special. As the Bible says in Psalms 139:
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
As we spend each day reminded of how special our children are, it is important to remember that no matter what kind of day you are having, remembering they are special and reminding them they are love by you and by God is important. Here are 10 things you can say to make them feel special, no matter what kind of day you are having.
- I am so thankful for you.
- You are an excellent big (little) sister (brother) and I can see how much you love your brother/sister.
- You are so full of energy; you will definitely make an excellent mother/father someday.
- I am so proud of you.
- I’m so thankful that you are my daughter/son.
- I didn’t know you could draw that well/sing so nicely/whatever they do – that is amazing!
- I love that I get to spend so much time with you.
- I love that I get to be your mom/dad.
- You are such an amazing person. God make you the special person you are and I’m glad you are in our family.
- I love you!