Are you tired of watching the kids play electronics and watching TV? Do you wish they were doing something else? Though we FINALLY are getting good weather here in the Midwest and are able to get those kiddos outside to play, there are still times when they seem to run out of ideas what to do outside and then go back to their electronic crutch. Or, let’s face it, it is April and there are certainly rainy and cold days still lingering.
If you need some ideas for games for you and your kids to play, here is a list of some fun ideas. Use them for rainy days or just when you are looking for something fun to do with the kids. BE CAREFUL – you might have some fun too!
- Make a Pool Noodle pit in a box or bathtub.
- Make an indoor hot wheels track with masking tape in the living room.
- Make a cardboard box painting/drawing palette.
- Go on a scavenger hunt indoors or outdoors.
- Have a Pool Noodle light saber duel.
- Make a “laser” obstacle course in your hallway with painter’s tape.
- Build a planet with marshmallows and toothpicks.
- Set up a Nerf gun can target practice range.
- Fill your bathtub with snow (real or foam snow) and build “snow” castles.
- Build with Popsicle Sticks.
- Play balloon volleyball.
- Play indoor/outdoor bowling with a ball and empty 2-liter bottles.
Do you have some fun ideas for you and your kids to do together at home? Inside or outside, what is your favorite go-to game?