- 1 part minced garlic
- 1 part chopped whole onion
- 1 part grated horseradish root
- 1 part chopped & seeded jalapeno
- 1 part grated ginger root
- ¼- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Place all of the herbs in a glass jar and cover with apple cider vinegar.
- Make sure to put plastic between the lid of the jar and the vinegar, or else it will create a slime due to a chemical reaction between the metal and the vinegar.
- Steep herbs for 4-6 weeks, shaking daily, then strain and keep in a glass jar.
- If you don’t feel up to making your own, you can always buy a bottle.
- Put all of the ingredients into a pot and bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat to a very low simmer, and reduce liquid by about ½ (usually takes about 20-30 minutes). Strain out the herbs and add 1 cup of raw honey (optional).
- Store your syrup in a closed jar in the refrigerator.
Thanks to my Guest Post Contributor: Yvie is a road-schooling mother of two active boys! While traipsing across the country, she creates Lego-themed school and enjoys meeting up with other families. Find her at Gypsy Road, Instagram, Educents, or on Facebook.