Welcome to the new article addition to Adventures in Homeschooling. I’m going to start sharing a recipe that we are using in our house once a week. If you are like most homeschoolers, you are on a budget and always looking for good meal planning recipes or snack ideas for the kids.
I plan our dinners around our weekly schedules, with at least one leftovers night/breakfast for dinner night/pizza night. So, this week I’m going to share one of our family’s new favorites – oven baked tacos. Thanks to Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures for these yummy tacos!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 can refried beans
- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 pkg taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
- 18-20 hard taco shells
- lettuce, salsa, sour cream, etc for serving.
- Brown ground beef. Drain off any fat and add refried beans, tomato sauce, and seasoning.
- Spoon mixture into taco shells.
- Place filled shells into a 9×13 pan, standing up. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
Note: For those of you with a smaller family you may want to half this recipe. You could also easily stretch this for a larger group and get a few more tacos out of it by adding extra beans.
Oh, and don’t forget, you can prepare even more and freeze some for use later. I love to do this for even a quicker, last minute dinner.
We serve our tacos with fat-free refried beans with shredded cheese on top or sometimes a black bean corn salsa and salad.
If you have any favorite recipes to share, feel free to let me know and we’ll feature them on here or provide a quick link to your cooking or recipe blog. Thanks and hope you find it enjoyable!
Leave a Reply