My son loves muffins. So i’m always looking for a great muffin recipe to keep him getting something healthy as well as something the whole family will enjoy.
1 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 Cup Post Bran Flakes
1/6 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Cup Fat Free Plain Yogurt
1 Egg, large
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Large Peach (diced)
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, bran flakes, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well then add yogurt, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in the peaches.Put muffin cups into muffin tin. (You can coat large muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.)
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with the batter
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.Remove from the oven.
- Allow it to cool for several minutes before removing them from the tin. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Barbara Klein says
I’m going to try these bran muffins. Sounds delicious as well as nutritious.