We love pasta in our house. If you are a pasta lover then you know it’s fun to find new pasta recipes to try. I especially like easy to make while especially yummy! Since my son loves penne pasta I have been looking for new penne pastas and found this, which turned out to be easy and yummy.
- 1 package penne pasta (12 ounce box of dry pasta)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound Italian turkey sweet sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup white wine (we like pinot grigio)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounce can)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce can or fresh)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (fresh)
- 1 can tomato paste (6 ounce can)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta as directed on the box – drain.
- Heat olive oil in large, deep skillet.
- Brown sausage with onion and garlic in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain fat, add wine and stir for one minute (deglazing the pan).
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer for 10 minutes
- Toss with pasta and place in baked 9×13 dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad.
Leave a Reply