My daughter has really been enjoying her Bible study with I Can Study Esther Alone With God Bible Study (13 week study) (NIV version) from Greek ‘n’ Stuff.
When we were given the opportunity to review some of the Bible studies from Greek ‘n’ Stuff, I thought Esther would be great. I had the opportunity to do a deep study of the Book of Esther a few years ago and thought it was great. So I was excited for my 12 year old to have the opportunity to study Esther as well. I thought it would be great if we could discuss it when she had finished her study.
TheI Can Study Esther Alone With God Bible Study is a 13 lesson bible study of the Book of Esther. Each lesson has five parts one of each day of the week, Monday through Saturday. The instructions focusing the study state that the student should begin the devotion with prayer and then read and recite the memory verse. Then the student reads the Bible passage assigned for the day and answer the questions provided in the study book. The answers to the questions can be found in the assigned verses.
At the end of each lesson is a “Think and Pray About It “section for the student to read and think about after completely the daily devotion and study. Asking God for help in applying his Word to your daily life is recommended.
Each lesson assigned between 6 and 20 verses from the Book of Esther, obviously some verses are shorter. The study utilizes the New International Version, though the King James version is available to purchase for all their Bible studies as well.
The lessons are short each day, taking up half a page in the devotion book. The devotion book is spiral bound and easy to use. There are check boxes to check off as each assigned step is completed.
Pray. Ask god to help you in studying his Word – check box
Read or recite the memory verse – check box
The memory verse is printed to the side in a highlighted scroll area on day 1 (Monday). There is one for each week. There are 2 to 4 questions each day for the student to answer. Each day also has a highlighted questions or thought with explanation or answer for your student to ponder
After the last day there is a “Think and Pray About It” section for your student to read and pray through. This provides a little bit of a summary of what was covered during that weeks lessons.
What I like about this Bible Study is:
- it’s easy to use independently – I like that it can be used by the child without guidance so that it truly allows them alone time with God
- there is no guiding or commentary – Very user-friendly and easy to use. Well guided lessons but reading from scripture not printed rewording, which is important
- it could be used by many different ages (adults too) – I think I would like to use this myself for a study, i’m getting ready to travel and think this might be a great way to keep me on track.
- its 100 percent scripture based – reading from our own Bible the actual Word of God is important, I like that we use the Bible with this
- economical – very economical to purchase the Bible study, which is important to use as well.
What my daughter likes about this Bible Study:
- Studying Esther – “It was so interesting!”
- Not too long
- Easy to use
- Plenty of room to make notes and doodle- (this is important to her because she loves to doodle and make notes)
- Check boxes – this is a great way to make sure you have covered everything and feel a sense of satisfaction in completion by checking it off. I love checking things off!
Overall, I really like this Alone with God series and can see us using them in our future. Since they have a lot more to choose from like Jonah and Ruth, I Samuel, and Acts, I think we will have a good time using these.
You can check out some sample pages of the I can Study Esther Alone With God Bible study here (there is a NIV and a KJV version). And you can read about what the rest of the Homeschool Review Crew had to say about this Bible study and other products from Greek ‘n’ Stuff, like Hey, Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek! and Alone With God Bible studies.
Social Media Links:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GreeknStuff/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/heyandrewteachmesomegreek/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/GreeknStuff Tag: @GreeknStuff
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/kuriakos/greek-n-stuff/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/karenmohs/ Tag: @karenmohs
Leave a Reply