Do you go to the library weekly, monthly, as needed? We try to go every week or two but hadn’t been for a bit. The kids were really excited to head to the library yesterday.
But with all this winter weather, we felt compelled to get a winter book set together. So, I thought I would share a list of winter fun books we were looking at for the family.
For your preschooler:
- The Hat by Jan Brett
- The Mitten by Jim Aylesworth
- Time to Sleep by Denise Fleming
- Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- The Snowman by Raymond Briggs
- Snowballs by Lois Ehlert
- Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buchner
- Animals in Winter by Henrietta Bancroft
For your elementary age children:
- Owl Moon by Jane Yolen
- Snowflake Bentley by Jacqueline Briggs Martin
- Snow by Uri Shulevitz
- Baby in a Basket by Ted Rand
- Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan
- Katy and the Big Snow by Virginia Lee Burton
- The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett
- The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins by Florence and Richard Atwater
For your middle school and high school age children:
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
- The Time Traveler’s Wifeby Audrey Niffenegger
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
- The Call of the Wild by Jack London
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
If you have any great winter titles you would like to recommend, please comment below. I would love to add them to the list.
Hope you enjoy your winter books!